Re: Problem with 1.0.3 and RedHat 6.2?

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 17:18:59 PDT

    Hi Mark,

    the message is from the Siemens 9036 flatbad scanner backend. That might
    be the wrong backend.
    Please try the tool find-scanner from SANEs tools-directory to see which
    SCSI-device your scanner is on (/dev/sg0, /dev/sga). Then try a
    xscanimage hp:/dev/sg0 (or whatever device you get from find-scanner).
    If /dev/scanner is correctly linked to /dev/sg? and the permissions are
    set correctly, a xscanimage hp:/dev/scanner should also work.
    If this does not work, you can try to

    export SANE_DEBUG_HP=15
    scanimage -d hp:/dev/sg? > hp.lis 2>&1

    to get more information what the hp-backend is doing on the scanner in
    the file hp.lis. You can send that file back to me for more help.

    --Peter

    Mark Temple wrote:

    > I am new to sane. Glanced over the August email, but saw nothing
    > related to my problem. The config/make/install seems to go fine (lots
    > of warnings, apparently normal). I can see my HP C6270A scanner on
    > /dev/scanner with scsi_info, but when I execute scanimage -L I get a
    > core dump with the following message:
    >
    > [s9036] sense_handler() : sense code = 70
    > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    >
    > I used no special arg with configure and my source is in
    > /usr/local/src. Thanks for any ideas about my problem.

    Peter Kirchgessner
    WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net
    e-mail: peter@kirchgessner.net