Re: Mustek_PP backend and MFS-600

From: Joseph R. + Martina Eoff (j-m.eoff@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 05:20:43 PDT

    Jochen Eisinger wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Hmm, line distance doesn't work. Try this:
    >
    > in function sane_start at line 3935 change
    >
    > dev->blue_offs = 8;
    > dev->green_offs = 16;

    > dev->blue_offs = 16;
    > dev->green_offs = 32;
    >
    > -- jochen
    > -

    Tried it out, problem got worse. Set them both to zero, got floating point errors
    when scanning. Set them to 1 and got better reults then with the original
    setting, but still not quite right. I think zero would be better. Also noticed
    that colors aren't correct. I was scanning sheet of white paper with blue
    writing. Paper came out white, but the ink looked more like a brownish black.
    Maybe that is because of the offset. How can I fix the resolution? The scanner
    runs only have of the length of the page, and scans only about a quarter of the
    width. I think this is because of the higher resolution of this scanner. It has
    an optical resolution of 600x1200 dpi.

    Joseph