Re: medion scanner 9850 or 9852

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 03:34:09 PDT

    Hi!

    [Heike Mall & Roger]

    > Does anyone know if the scanner medion 9850 or 9852 is supported by
    > linux.
    > sane supported the medion 9848
    > thanks roger

    Have you tried the current SANE distribution? Your scanner should at
    least be recognized. If not check mustek_pp.conf and make sure mustek_pp
    is uncommented in the file dll.conf.

    When your scanner gets recognized (by scanimage -L) you can try the
    following:

    # SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=128 scanimage -L

    There should be a line

    [mustek_pp]: attach: asic 0x??, ccd: ??

    If you could send me this information I can give you further advice

    -- jochen