Re: SnapScan Backend

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 05:50:53 PDT

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [Oliver Schwartz]
    > > There is no active maintainer, though occasional patches are
    > > announced on the list and make their way into the source code
    > > archive with the help of people with CVS access.
    >
    > Are you sure? I believed Steve Underwood <steveu@coppice.org> was
    > taking over as maintainer.

    Ooh, I wouldn't trust that guy with such an important task. I know him
    well, and consider him a pretty unreliable fellow. Not just that, but he
    only has one model of Acer scanner (a 610plus), so he isn't in the ideal
    position to support the range of models which the SnapScan backend handles.
    Add to that a hostile vendor, and its not a nice job for him.

    Steve