Re: SnapScan Backend

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 10:47:22 PDT

    > Is there an implemention of the ADF in the backend of the snapscan ?

    As far as I know: not yet. An ADF is detected during inquiry and ADF errors are
    handled, but there is no code to tell the scanner to use ADF.

    > Who supports the backend now ? What can I do to make the ADF
    > running ?

    There is no active maintainer, though occasional patches are announced on the
    list and make their way into the source code archive with the help of people
    with CVS access.

    If you want to play with the ADF option you should take a look at the
    set_window() function in snapscan-scsi.c. An obvious guess would be the
    SET_WINDOW_P_OPERATION_MODE attribute, maybe you are lucky fiddling with the
    bits which are not set yet... Sorry, but it seems there is no documentation on
    the protocol available, at least I've never seen one.

    Good luck,

    Oliver