Acer Scanwit Film Scanner

From: Andrew Larcombe (andrew.larcombe@virgin.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 06:22:53 PDT

    I have an Acer Scanwit Film Scanner and would love to be able to use it
    whilst running Linux.
    i) Is there any work being done for a SANE driver for this scanner? I
    couldn't see it listed as a work-in-progress when I downloaded sane-1.0.3.
    ii) If not then I would like some hints and tips on how to write a driver
    for it. Amongst others I know c and c++, but I have absolutely no experience
    in writing device level software. Does anyone have any tips on where to
    start? How can I find out how to pass parameters to the scanner and get
    useful data back? Any help gratefully received!

    Thanks

    Andrew