Re: AHA1505 on Linux, was Re: Agfa SnapScan 1236S

From: John Profic (profic@linux.ru.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 03:46:26 PDT

    Hello Georg,
    Tuesday, August 22, 2000, 6:07:34 AM, you wrote:

    GL> I too had troubles in setting up my AHA1505 Scsi Card under Linux. My
    GL> Card is a ISA-PNP Version :(
    It has a mistake, in PNP defenitiion. So you init it with isapnp. All
    what you need to delete word CHECK in defenition of IO port (because
    it set by jumper), and this will work fine:))
    GL> After a lot of trial and error I found out, it was not possible to
    GL> soft-configure the card, and after a lot more of looking by chance I
    GL> found out, how the card is configured by default, in my case at
    GL> io=0x140 and irq=10.

    GL> After adding the following line to /etc/conf.modules:

    GL> options scsi aha152x=0x140,10

    GL> And making that isapnp does NOT configure it it works until the day of
    GL> today (and I did not dare to touch it either :)

    Best regards,
    John <profic@linux.ru.net>
    Mailed with:
     -The BAT! version 1.41.
    Using:
     -Windows 98 version 4.10 build 2222 ( A ).