Re: acer 620 u

From: D Milburn (milburn@saturn-mig.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 07:24:38 PDT

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Steve Underwood wrote:

    > Try using the latest sane (1.0.3). It won't necessarily fix your problem, but
    > what point is there in debugging an obsolete version? Some people seem to have
    > 1.0.3 running OK with the 620U on Intel machines. Of course, that doesn't mean
    > it will necessarily be OK for you. You are the first person I have heard of
    > trying this with a PPC machine.

    That's right, I've got a 640UT and with a little help from Oliver it's
    working (mostly) fine now. Ironically, Xsane is upset, but you can use
    xscanimage and *scan* things :-)

    There are a couple of things you need to uncomment in the sane-1.0.3 code
    that I'm sure Oliver would like to mention... (better at it than me!)

    I'm on x86 (AMD) architecture BTW.

    Duncan