Re: sane-umax-1.0.3-build-22 available

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 16:04:59 PDT

    Kymberly Tran wrote:

    > Oliver,
    >
    > When scanning the Kodak Gray Scale target, I've seen where its darker on top
    > and lighter on the bottom of the gray scale target. I get inconsistent scan.
    > Do you know if the lamp maintain it's brightness consistently for all scans?
    > Does this build fix this problem?

    Hi Kym,

    if the lamp does change its brightness while a scan your scanner or the lamp
    of the scanner is defect.

    Are you sure it has nothing to do with gamma corection?

    Use xscanimage and disable custom gamma to see if the problem
    still occurs and scan with 8 bits/sample output depth

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch