Re: [patch] sane 1.0.3 for linux + xsane problems

From: Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 20:13:04 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 06:06:50PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > > It works for me, and obviously for everyone testing the CVS tree
    > > before we released it.
    >
    > Only Linux 2.4.0-test-something seems to be affected by this bug. Maybe for
    > 2.3.* the code also doesn't compile, I didn't test this. So nobody who tried
    > the CVS uses Linux 2.4. That's interesting :-)

    Sane 1.0.3 will fail to compile from and including lk 2.3.43 .
    The sg driver is very unlikely to change between now and when
    lk 2.4 is released.

    Abel Deuring has made the fix in CVS so it should work in
    Sane 1.0.4 . It's anybody's guess whether Sane 1.0.4 or
    a full release of lk 2.4 will hit the street first.

    The next time noises are made about releasing a version of
    Sane, I better build it out of CVS to save embarrassment.

    The Xsane problem that I reported turned out to be my
    fault.

    Doug Gilbert