Re: sane-1.0.3 released

From: Chris Pinkham (cpinkham@infi.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 00:09:12 PDT

    > This patch works (thanks for that!), but my question was meant another
    > way:
    >
    > What file(s) do I have to edit, to compile just the backends I really
    > need?

    Just edit the backend/Makefile after running configure and find the
    PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS variable. Add a line after that line that sets
    that variable to whatever backends you want to compile/install. Here's
    what my Makefile looks like now.

    PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS = abaton agfafocus apple artec avision canon coolscan \
            dc25 dc210 dmc epson hp m3096g microtek microtek2 mustek net \
            pnm qcam ricoh s9036 sharp snapscan sp15c tamarack umax
    PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS = artec pnm qcam

    So I compile only the artec, pnm, and qcam backends normally.

    Chris