Mustek 600III EP Plus

From: Douglas Hardison (dhardison@bbnp.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 20:12:04 PDT

    Hello all,

            I just recently compiled and installed sane-1.0.3 after I
    noticed that my Mustek 600III EP Plus was now supported.
            Compilation seemed to go smootly, and I edited mustek_pp.conf to
    reflect my particular hardware. However, during scanning attempts with
    xsane, the scanner will run through like it is
    scanning properly, but the preview/scan window shows an empty, white
    page.
            I am running xsane as root, (as I read I should for this
    particular scanner), and have recompiled
    and checked all the conf files I could find , to no avail.
           Is this a known issue that someone could help me work around, or
    have I screwed up something in the installation?

    Thanks,
    Douglas Hardison
    dhardison@bbnp.com