Re: [patch] sane 1.0.3 for linux + xsane problems

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 01:08:15 PDT

    Douglas Gilbert wrote:

    > -#include <sg.h>
    > +#include <linux/../scsi/sg.h>

    I think this should be solved immedeatly in sane-1.0.3

    What do we want to do, call it sane-1.0.3b, keep the
    name sane-1.0.3 or what?

    > If it is not clear to the sane maintainers why that line
    > is incorrect, contact me.

    > Downloaded xsane 0.61 and it built clean but failed with
    > my Umax 1220S scanner. It gave a "Failed to start scanner:
    > Device busy" error. It also lost track of the scan head
    > and after several retries bashed the head against the
    > far end of the mechanism. [Also retried xsane 0.59 with
    > sane 1.0.3 and it failed the same way.] Haven't seen
    > anything like this before.

    Hi Doug,
    I understand what is wrong with the line, but do you have an
    explaination why this strange behaviour happens?

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch