Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 14:16:07 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:08:11PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > > I suggest to leave the frontend entries that are not included into the project.
    > > If someone looks at this file he wants to know about what exists or is planned
    > > and is not included into the package.
    >
    > Ok.
    >
    > > So I think you should leave jscan(image) an xsane.
    > > I don`t know a link to jscan(image).
    >
    > Have a look at the "japi" directory in the SANE distribution. I think this
    > is jscanimage, at least the author is identical. If I'm right we might
    > remove the entry in PROJECTS and add some information in READEME and
    > AUTHORS. It doesn't seem to be fully functional (README.JAVA).

    Yes. I think the AUTHORS file needs some changes.

    May be we should add a text like:
    "Please also read the file AUTHORS for projectes that are included into
    the SANE-Package or do exist somewhere else" to the file
    PROJECTS and vice versa:
    "Please also read the file PROJECTS for projects that are planned or
    work is in progress" to the file AUTHORS.

    > I will look into the .descs and search the web for some more backends.

    there has been a sagitta (or sth like that) backend that should be listed.

    The winsane projects (there are 2 or three with this name) also should be listed.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch