Re: quick note from the TWAIN/SANE meeting at OLS

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 20:53:10 PDT

    njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk said:
    > What else that you'd want in a "first cut" driver for your hardware is
    > missing from the revised SANE 1.x as proposed? I have never seen any
    > other proposals extending 1.0 but it's obviously needed, so I submit
    > what little I had done for further improvements.

    Oh, there were a few things. The typical device that I have supports
    high-speed batch scanning with color JPEG compression and binary G4 TIFF
    handled in hardware.

    So I'll re-acquaint myself with the issues and solutions that were worked
    out, and see what I can make of them.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,