Re: quick note from the TWAIN/SANE meeting at OLS

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 14:02:14 PDT

    David.Mosberger@acm.org said:
    > The key is to find someone that has time to actually prototype this.
    > Since SANE tends to follow the IETF approach of "rough concensus and
    > working code", a working prototype is going to be critical to getting
    > it into SANE.

    I just might. How 'bout a JPEG file backend (kinda like the PNG driver)
    that can read jpeg files and supports passing JFIF or RGB to the app?
    In the process I would need to take it upon myself to define the file
    format interface and present it to the list. We have a discussion about
    this a while ago (remember?) so maybe I should just shut up and do it?-)

    My desk is pretty full (I have my own GPL projects, too:-) but this
    just might qualify as work related, and that would free up some of my
    time.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,