Re: quick note from the TWAIN/SANE meeting at OLS

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 12:40:12 PDT

    David.Mosberger@acm.org said:
    > o add support for other image types (jpg for example)

    I have various page scanners just dying to get SANE drivers, but produce
    JPEG and TIF formatted image streams. Sure, I can decompress them in the
    driver when scanning into i.e. GIMP, but that is ridiculous when trying
    to use these scanners at speed.

    David.Mosberger@acm.org said:
    > o colorspace support (I don't know what this would entail exactly)

    ICC Profiles, and their use. This is a significant lack in GIMP as well.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,