Re: success with mustek SE 12000 SP plus - THANK YOU!!

From: Christian Ospelkaus (christian@core-coutainville.org)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 12:53:15 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > I didn't even know that the 3191 is supported by Linux. Which driver did you
    > use? Probably this driver is 2.4 only, isn't it?

    This is 2.4 only indeed. There is an option for the dmx3191d in the
    kernel configuration. I tried to port the driver back to 2.2, but was
    not very successfull so far. The driver is based on the generic NCR5380
    driver, and I red something about people who got the dmx3191d working on
    2.2 with the g_NCR5380 driver. The new dmx3191d driver allocates an irq,
    so there it should use an irq...

    > For the older (non-PCI) SCSI adapters from Mustek interrupt was not
    > supported by the Linux driver. However, it is possible to turn on usleeps in
    > the driver to get better interactive performance. I don't know if something
    > like this works for the 3191, too. Some information about this is on my web
    > page (http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/trouble.html).

    > I don't know the second SCSI adapter. (st0x)

    Itīs very old. I think I found it in some old xt... works fine, though.

    > You may do "export SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5" and after that "scanimage -L". Look
    > for the firmware version number. If this is anything other than 1.00 or 1.01
    > please send me the full debug output.

    It says v1.01, so you probably know that one.

    Bye,

    Christian