Highscreen - realscan

From: Joachim Schiele (sane@dune2.de)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 07:24:56 PDT

    once again:
    i have already written to: sane-devel@mostang.com and it seems to me
    as if nobody is interrested in helping me nor interested in helping
    people wo are not very skilld in sane or scsi.
    other wise it could be that nobody got that mail - maybe so it would
    be my fault.
    anyway if someone gets this mail please take notice and replay me
    something just the info that it reached the mailinglist so if nobody
    wants to help me i could search for other help but i don't know where
    even the gimp developers can't help me because not all of them have a
    scanner and the minority of them got the highscrenn realscan aka me.

    so once again please help me i have no idea why my scanner does this!!

    i have a Highscreen - realscan from Vobis and it works pretty well in
    S/W mode but when i want to scan colored images "color" it's stupid
    because there are some vertical blue lines in the image. i have
    included a jpg which shows a scan "black background" with the blue
    lines in front.

    what is working:
    -S/W scan with 1-300 dpi
    -i think all except the color scan mode

    i use xscanimage

    #scanimage -L
    device 'microtek:/dev/sga' is a Microtek ScanMaker E2 flatbed scanner

    i have the latest precompiled version of sane
    sane-1.0.1-4.i386.rpm
    gtk+-1.2.6-7.i386.rpm
    gtk+-devel-1.2.6-7.i386.rpm

    if i compile myself i get the folloing errors:

    make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/sane-0.74/frontend'
    gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I/usr/local/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPATH_SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/sane.d -DPATH_SANE_DATA_DIR=/usr/local/share -DV_MAJOR=0 -DV_MINOR=74 -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include xscanimage.c
    xscanimage.c:79: conflicting types for `GIMP_EXTENSION'
    /usr/local/include/libgimp/gimpenums.h:289: previous declaration of `GIMP_EXTENSION'
    xscanimage.c: In function `main':
    xscanimage.c:1721: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_set_print_handler' from incompatible pointer type
    make[1]: *** [xscanimage.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/sane-0.74/frontend'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    ======

    thank you very much for reading and for you time!

    joachim

    --
    From:
    Joachim Schiele <js@dune2.de>