Re: TODO for 1.0.3

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 13:17:53 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:47:56PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
    > > TODO for 1.0.3 (as of 2000-07-25)
    > >
    > > * Fix sane_close bug
    > > - artec (maintainer wanted to fix this two weeks ago)
    >
    > This should be fixed tonight, I think you must have been watching to wait
    > until I resynced my system with the CVS tree before you sent this out. :) I

    Yes, I am the invisible man behind you :-)

    > > * Test compilation on (Free, Open, Net)BSD, HPUX, Unixware, Linux on
    > > 64 bit systems ...
    > > - anyone with this software/hardware?
    >
    > I have an AlphaStation 200 4/233 at work running RedHat v6.0 and I was
    > able to successfully compile. Is there anything in particular I can look
    > for or post from my compile? I am running configure and make logging both
    > stderr and stdout to a file so I can pass on any needed info. I do not
    > have a scanner at work though, so I can't test, just compile. I also
    > have access to Solaris 2.6, 2.7, and Digital Unix v4.0 servers that I could
    > test compile on (with gcc I believe), but again, no scanners at work. :(

    Especially the Alphastation and Digital Unix server seem to be important.
    If you have enough time you can do the tests on Solaris, too.

    What I test is: does shared and static compile work? Does installation work?
      --> ./configure ; make ; make install
      --> ./configure --disable-shared ; make ; make install

    Enable the pnm backend in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf. Try "scanimage -L".
    You should see the two pnm entries. Put an .pnm testfile (e.g. generated
    with Gimp) somewhere. Try "scanimage -d pnm:0 --filename somefile.pnm -T".
    If you have more time (and root acccess to the computer) you can try network
    scanning, too. --> "scanimage -d net:localhost:pnm:0 --filename somefile.pnm -T"

    But this is quite some work ...

    Please wait until I have added the necessarry fixes to the CVS, this may
    take until tomorrow evening.

    Bye,
      Henning