sane-1.0.1-4mdk works, 1.0.2 does not

From: Bernhard Mogens Ege (bme@vision.auc.dk)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 04:56:55 PDT

    Something is wrong with sane-1.0.2 as I just found 1.0.1-4mdk as a rpm
    package, installed it and it worked out of the box. I also found 1.0.2
    as rpm on rawhide.redhat.com, installed it and it did not work.

    Using 1.0.1-4mdk:

    scanimage -L
    device `hp:/dev/sga' is a Hewlett-Packard C5100A flatbed scanner
    device `hp:/dev/scanner' is a Hewlett-Packard C5100A flatbed scanner

    (scanning images also works)

    Using 1.0.2:

    100% cpu usage of kernel and system is very unresponsive until I press
    ctrl-c (quit the application).
    This applies both rawhide version and the one I compiled my self.

    How do I enable debug? I have recompiled with

    CFLAGS="-g -O -Wall" ./configure --disable-shared

    as written in the README file, but how to enable debugging output, I
    dont know.

    I hope this problem is easily solved.

    regards,

    Bernhard Ege