Re: Current compilation status

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 11:50:22 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 11:42:55PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > int
    > isfdtype(int fd, int fdtype)
    > {
    > struct stat st;
    > if (fstat(fd, &st) == -1) return 0; /* couldn't stat fd */
    > #if defined(HAVE_S_ISSOCK)
    > return S_ISSOCK(st.st_mode) != 0;
    > #elif defined(HAVE_S_IFSOCK)
    > return (st.st_mode & S_IFMT) == S_IFSOCK;
    > #else
    > return 0;
    > #endif
    > }
    >
    > It is not really generic, but at the moment, we only need the socket
    > test.

    At least it seems to compile on all tested platforms (with an
    "#include <sys/stat.h>" at the top).

    I can only test it with irix 5.3 and it looks like something in this code
    (or the related DBG code) doesn't work. Normal output from scanimage -L on
    this computer:

    device pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device net:localhost:pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device net:localhost:pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device

    Now I add a DBG(0, ...) to e.g. mustek.c. By the way: How can I set
    environment variables for backends started over inetd/saned?

    [mustek] SANE Mustek backend version 1.0 build 91 (SANE 1.0.2)
    device pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device

    So the net:localhost:pnm:* entries are missing, probably because the dbg(0,
    ...) in mustek.c produced an error. With SANE_DEBUG_NET=255:

    [mustek] SANE Mustek backend version 1.0 build 91 (SANE 1.0.2)
    [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of net to 255.
    [net] adding backend localhost
    [net] get_devices: ignoring rpc-returned status Unknown SANE status code 1533900147
    device pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    [net] exiting
    [net] closing dev 10007b40, ctl=27

    Syslog:
    Jul 21 20:46:37 5D:bodo saned[20633]: access by henning@localhost accepted
    Jul 21 20:46:37 6D:bodo saned[20633]: exiting

    More tests (concerning the scsi problem, alloca, u_int? and #warning as soon
    as the cvs is working again. At the moment cvs.hungry.com doesn't answer).

    Bye,
      Henning