xcam/xcanimage cannot se the scanner (continued)

From: Bernhard Mogens Ege (bme@vision.auc.dk)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 07:22:37 PDT

    I am not sure if it matters, but I just found the find-scanner tool
    and this is what it reports:

    ./find-scanner
    # You may want to run this program as super-user to find all devices.
    # Once you found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access
    # permissions as necessary.

    find-scanner: found processor "HP C5100A R032" at device /dev/scanner
    find-scanner: found processor "HP C5100A R032" at device /dev/sg0
    find-scanner: found processor "HP C5100A R032" at device /dev/sga

    Apparently sane believes my scanner to be a processor and not a
    scanner. Could this be the reason that xcam/xscanimage wont accept my
    scanner?

    regards,

    Bernhard Ege