Re: astra 2400 S + ATA

From: Jean-Charles de Longueville (jch@hellea.be)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 09:30:51 PDT

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Jean-Charles de Longueville wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to scan XRay picture with umax astra 2400S+ATA and aha1505
    > > (aka aha152x). The _only_ problem still left is that the result is too
    > > dark as if the illumination of the transparency adapter was not bright
    > > enough. To see the result, I use under linux (potato):
    > >
    > > $ scanimage -d umax --mode gray --resolution 100dpi > tmp.pgm
    > > $ convert -quality 100 -contrast -enhance tmp.pgm result.jpeg
    > > $
    > >
    > > 'scanimage --help -d umax' shows that --brightness is [inactive]. Is
    > > there any other way to improve the illumination?
    >
    > Hi Jean-Charles,
    >
    > is there a special reason why you don't use xscanimage or xsane?

    yes! here the user put the xray on the scanner and in only one click,
    the picture is included in some web page.

    But I've tried xscanimage and the results were also too dark.

    PS: i use the 'Transparency Adapter' directive but forgot to copy it to
    the mail :-)

    --
    Ir Jean-Charles de Longueville
    Hellea sprl  -  bureau d'étude