Re: advice about concurrent Linux/NT development?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 08:56:42 PDT

    Richard Beare wrote:

    > Oliver Rauch wrote:
    >
    > > Is network scanning a solution (eg scanner always on linux, frontend on winnt and linux) ?
    > > Then you (only) need to handle the sane commands via network backend.
    >
    > Unfortunately not - having a PC dedicated to the scanner control isn't
    > an option. Everything needs to run on one PC under NT and Linux

    Hi Richard,

    then I think you are the right man to port sane to windows.
    That sounds very difficult, but it possibly is not that difficult.
    The main thing that must be done is to add support for
    the windows aspi driver to sanei_scsi. If everything is
    perfect the command line program scanimage already could
    work with that.

    May be it would be a good idea to do this with cygnus and gcc.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch