Re: --enable-warnings behaviour

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 11:41:39 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:44:25PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > I must have done something wrong when I tried to enable it by default.
    > I want it enabled when we are doing development, and disabled when we
    > make releases. Please fix if you know what is wrong.

    There is a new version in CVS now which seems to work. It should be easy to
    change from devel to release (remove dnls from second part; add dnls to
    first part). As this is my first contact to configure/autoconf this should
    be tested carefully.

    Speaking of autoconf: I tried to add tests to look for the u_int* types to
    configure.in. If I understood correctly I have to run autoconf and
    autoheader after changing configure.in. Autoheader complains:

    hmg@hmg1:/usr/src/sane > autoheader
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol PACKAGE' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol PACKAGE_VERSION' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol VERSION' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol scsireq_t' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol ssize_t' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol u_char' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol u_int' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h
    /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol u_long' is not covered by
    /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h

    and doesn't produce config.h.in. I also tried to use aclocal before
    autoheader which results in:

    hmg@hmg1:/usr/src/sane > aclocal
    aclocal: configure.in: 130: macro AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

    What do I miss here? Are there any options that I must use?

    Bye,
      Henning