SnapScan 1236S Install PB

From: Pierre Tuffery (tuffery@bach.urbb.jussieu.fr)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 03:39:10 PDT

    I want to use a SnapScan 1236S on an i386-Linux (RedHat 6.2,
    Kernel 2.2.16), but ...

    - The scanner is recognized by the SCSI chip (Adaptec U2W, onBoard)
    - The command find-scanner gives a correct answer: found Scanner ....
    - scanimage (or xscanimage or xsane) does not work. In general
    hangs everything, reboot welcome.
    For xscanimage, the preview window does not even appear.
    The scanner does nothing (does not even blink).

    I've seen such reports in archives, but no answer on how to
    overcome this. Any hint appreciated.

    --
    tuffery@urbb.jussieu.fr