--enable-warnings behaviour

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 14:41:01 PDT

    I just looked at the configure script and don't understand the
    --enable-warnings feature. The help message says it is enabled by default
    which doesn't seem to be true. I missed this first and tried to disable it
    with --disable-warnings. This seems to *enable* the feature as well as
    --enable-warnings=no and (not surprisingly) --enable-warnings. I am somewhat
    confused.

    Bye,
      Henning