Re: /etc/conf.modules

From: Ralph F. De Witt (ralphfdewitt@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 12:38:57 PDT

    Civileme, Oliver:
    After ensuring I have a stable ready light on the scanner, and rebooting the
    system, logging in as root. calling modprobe aic7xxx just seems to go off to
    never never land. If I close the Konsole windiow then call modprobe aic7xxx
    again I am returned to the root prompt. I if I call modprobe sg some times it
    hangs, sometimes I am returned to the root prompt. If I then call scanimage, it
    hangs, no status is returned and I am not returned to the root prompt. This is
    might be do to a bad aic7xxx file.

    --
    Ralph F. De Witt

    Proud user of Mandrake 7.1 Linux Register Linux User 168814 ICQ #49993234

    No Windoze were broken in the making of this Message.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin