Re: Possible sane problem with version 1.0.2 or system

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 00:29:04 PDT

    "Ralph F. De Witt" wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, you wrote:
    > > "Ralph F. De Witt" wrote:
    > >
    > >[snip]
    >
    > Oliver:
    > Have also looked at the /proc/scsi/scsi file and it is blank
    > Have also looked at the /proc/scsi/aic 7xxx/0 file and it is blank

    This means that the aic7xxx driver does not find/recognice your scsi controller.

    If I look at /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.aic7xxx and at aic7xxx.c
    I do not find the 2906 listed as supported device.

    Looks like you should have taken a look at the "supported devices list" before you
    bought the scsi controller.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --