Re: Possible sane problem with version 1.0.2 or system

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 00:43:41 PDT

    "Ralph F. De Witt" wrote:

    > Oliver:
    > Thanks for your quick reply. The scanner worked well in Windows 95. The only
    > new thing to the scanner is the Adaptec 2904 SCSI card that it is hooked up
    > too. This is also new to the system. The hardware list in hardware drake shows
    > the card as a AIC 7850, which I have been told is correct for the card.
    >
    > As for looking at the files, that is beyond my knowledge level, I have no idea
    > what I am looking for. So any further enlightenment you can shed would be
    > apprecieated. I have also asked Civilme from the Mandrake expert list to help
    > also.

    Ok, so you need the aic7xxx.o module ir you have to compile it into the kernel
    (I suggest to use the module).

    What does (as root)
        lsmod
    print?

    Did you configure /etc/conf.modules for your scsi card?

    Is there a aic7xxx.o in /lib/modules/"your-kernel-version"/scsi ?

    If yes:
    What does happen if you say (as root)
        modprobe aic7xxx

    If that works withou any errors, take a look at /proc/scsi/scsi

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch