Re: 2 scanners on startup--have only one

From: Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:51:18 PDT

    Russ Burdick wrote:

    > if /dev/sg1 and /dev/scanner are both simlinks to /dev/sgb then
    > find-scanner and/or xsane will think that those are multiple devices, when
    > they all point to the same place (/dev/sgb). have you tried scanning with
    > either of the two listed scanners? they should both provide the same

    Oh yes, they are (and work) identically. Just couldn't figure out why I
    needed to select a scanner when I only had one ;).

    > result and, since it worked before on /dev/sga, it should still work on
    > /dev/sgb. hope that clears things up.

    Following Oliver's earlier advise I deleted /dev/scanner and I now skip
    the 'pick a scanner' screen. Interestingly, sg1 is a link to sgb. I can
    only assume that xsane is checking /dev/scanner and /dev/sg[a-h], but
    not /dev/sg[0-9].

    --
       __
      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel