Re: Problem with HP backend...

From: Jens Petersohn (jkp@mccoy.penguinpowered.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 12:02:10 PDT

    > Hi Jens,
    >
    > where is the debug log and the image available ?
    > I suppose it is a SCSI problem. Because my ScanJet 5p makes no problems
    > with a Symbios Logic card.
    >
    > --Peter

    Hi Peter,

    the log files and sample image are available on my web site. You can
    access them via the directory http://mccoy.penguinpowered.com/scanner.
    In that directory you will find two logs, one showing the output
    when scanimage crashes and one when succeeds. The image out.ppm was
    obtained during the later scan (72 dpi).
    I forgot to mention that back when this system had Windows on it,
    the scanner+card worked fine. Also, an old 8mm Sun SCSI tape drive
    chained to the scanner also works fine. I've checked termination, etc.
    they seem to be ok, plus as I said the kernel is not logging SCSI
    errors.

    Thank you for looking into this. It sure would be nice to have
    the scanner working with GIMP under Linux.

    Cheers,

    Jens Petersohn