Possible sane problem with version 1.0.2 or system

From: Ralph F. De Witt (ralphfdewitt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 12:34:52 PDT

    I am running Mandrake 7.1. I recently installed a Adaptec 2906 SCSI card. This
    is the my only SCSI card. I have a UMAS S 6E attached to the card. ID is set to
    5. The unit has a termination resistor on the data cable. I have done a
    modprobe -c and the SCSI driver is supermounted post install. I am using sane
    1.0.2 but when I run scanimage it finds no scanner in the system. xscanimage
    gives a kernnel bomb. I have exhausted all my newbie knowledge and have not a
    clue as to why it does not work. The unit was recently moved from a Win box
    where it worked well. Can anyone help me get this scanner working. Thanks in
    advance.

     --
    Ralph F. De Witt

    Proud user of Mandrake 7.1 Linux
    Register Linux User 168814
    ICQ #49993234

    No Windoze were broken in the making of this Message.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
        -Benjamin Franklin