Bugs and documentation

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 10:49:22 PDT

    There is a few things with the backends that I consider bugs and which
    I belive should be fixed before code freeze. In addition, I think we
    should start documenting the internal API.

    The bugs are

      (1) all backends should read the config file using
          sanei_config_read() instead of fgets(). This makes it easier to
          port SANE to OS/2, and also makes sure all platforms handles any
          line ending in the config files.

      (2) Some backends uses fprintf(stderr, ...) to print messages. This
          failes when the backend is used over the net. I believe all
          such messages should be sent to DBG(), to make sure they do not
          interfere with the network communication.

    To document the internal API, I suggest using inline comments and one
    of the already existing tools to extract these comments and present
    them as a command reference. I've been using ROBODoc lately, because
    it supports both ASM, C and C++, but there are others which are better
    when only C is involved. What do others use? doc++? It must be
    capable of producing both Latex and HTML documents.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no