Re: scanimage feature request (patch available)

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 22:52:18 PDT

    [Ingo Wilken]
    > I'd like to see support for an environment variable
    > SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE in scanimage, which overrides the default device
    > selection if no device is specified on the commmand line. A patch
    > for 1.0.2 is available at
    > http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~ingo/sane/defdevice.patch

    Looks like a reasonable change to me. If no one beats me to it, I'll
    put it into CVS this evening.

    > I've already sent this patch twice to this list (for 1.0.1 and
    > 1.0.2), both times it was ignored - not rejected, but just
    > completely ignored :-( Is nobody maintaining the scanimage frontend?

    Hm, I do not remember seeing it before. Good thing I managed to
    discover it today. Parhaps xscanimage should be changed to use the
    same environment as well?

    There is by the way no one actively maintaining scanimage (or
    xscanimage). Do you want to volunteer?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>