Re: Nikon Coolscan / LS2000?

From: jgreer@ipopros.com
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 18:55:52 PDT

    I'm having the exact same problems with an LS30. I sent an email out to
    andreas.rick@free.fr, but go no response. I figure he's probably out on
    vacation and enjoying himself.

    Anyway, I've tried 1.0.2 patched to recognize the device, the
    patched version (sane-1.0.2_coolscan043.tgz) and a cvs checkout version,
    all without success.

    All three seem to be able to communicate with the scanner and they
    position the negative when you press the 'preview' or 'scan' buttons, but
    the scanfiles come out extremely tiny and in preview mode, the preview
    area remains white.

    I've also tried using the -T option to scanimage and it says something
    about an 'unexpected end of file'.

    I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had luck getting any newer
    coolscans to work with any version of SANE.

    --john