Re: Network backend Debian 2.1

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 23:48:20 PDT

    [Georg Lehner]
    > I ran now the net-backend with debugging enabled and get the
    > following output:
    >
    > [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of net to 128.
    > [net] adding backend toa.magma.com.ni
    > [net] connect_dev: major version mismatch: got 0, expected 1
    > [net] get_devices: ignoring failure to connect to toa.magma.com.ni
    > scanimage: no SANE devices found
    >
    > Where to fix the "major version mismatch"?

    This sounds like the good old access denied problem. Make sure your
    client is accepted on the server. Did you add the clients name in
    saned.conf? Are you using tcp-wrapper?

    Someone should really fix the net backend to give a sensible error
    message when the connection is closed.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>