DC215

From: Norbert Koch (NKoch@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 03:04:16 PDT

    Hello,

    I found that there is a backend for Kodak's camera dc210.
    Do you know if the newer dc215 is compatible? If not does
    someone have information about that camera? I would have
    the time to write a new back-end based upon the dc210 back-end.

    One suggestion for further development of the front-end:
    In addition to specifying a gamma correction table it would be
    nice if I could directly specify a gamma value.
    Or is it possible and I did not find it in manual?
    If I knew about the mathematical background I would write my
    own gamma-factor-to-gamma-table utility.

    As I am using Win98 and I am having the scanner connected
    to a different PC (under BSD) I have to work with net-scanning.
    I found WinSane0.9's scanimg.exe working but could not get TWAIN running.
    I tried scan-cgi. It works but is slooooow. My scanner permanently
    stops and starts again. May be my BSD 486dx2 PC is just too slow
    for the Apache+Perl+Conversion through pipes ;-)
    Do you know about any other solution for net-scanning under Win9x or NT?

    Thank you in advance.
    Norbert Koch