Re: Test backends with 'scanimage -T'

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 11:05:14 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 04:09:04PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > Be sure to test your backend with 'scanimage -T' to check if it is
    > working according to the specifications before we get to v1.0.3.
    > Remember to test both networked and local access to the backend.
    >
    > Earlier (before 1.0.2), it was reported that at least the epson and
    > the mustek backend failed this test. Is this still the case?

    The mustek backend works with "scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner -T" and
    "scanimage -d net:some.host.some.domain:mustek:/dev/scanner -T". It doesn't
    work with "scanimage -d net:localhost:mustek:/dev/scanner -T". If I try
    scanning with the net backend on the same computer where the scanner is
    located scanimage seems to pass all tests and then prints in an infinite
    loop:

    scanimage: stopping scanner...
    scanimage: stopping scanner...
    scanimage: stopping scanner...
    [...]

    I must kill it with SIGKILL to stop this. The same behaviour can be
    observed with the pnm backend so I don't think this is a mustek backend
    problem. At least it is nothing special in the mustek backend. If I remember
    correctly other backends had similar problems. Does anybody know where the
    source of this problem is located?

    Bye,
      Henning