Re: Backends using Kernel-Modules

From: Jaeger, Gerhard (gjaeger@sysgo.de)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 07:40:46 PDT

    On Die, 27 Jun 2000, you wrote:
    > How about submitting the kernel part for inclusion into the kernel ?
    > You have some backends that depend on specific kernel drivers.
    > (pint,v4l)
    >
    > OLIVER

    This is exactly what Petter suggested. But in the meantime I found
    another solution:
    A parallelport scanner-daemon.
    This daemon controls the scanner and communicates via pipes with
    the backend.
    It should run on other UNIX systems as well.

    I'm not sure if this works, but I think this sounds good.
    The problem is, that I have to rewrite the interface and some
    parallelport functions.

    Any comments on that ?
    Gerhard