Network backend Debian 2.1

From: Georg Lehner (jorge_lehner@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 20:31:53 PDT

    Hello!

    I have tried to set up scanning via the network, but scanimage,
    xscanimage always crashes. I am using Debian 2.1 on the machine with
    the Scanner, which comes with a xsane-1.01, resp. debian package
    version 0.74-2.

    On the sane webside I did not find a newer package. Do I have to read
    the source from CVS and compile it? Or is it only that I'm to dumb to
    set it up correctly?! :<

    Best Regards

            Jorge-Lehner