Parallel Scanners (UMAX Astra 1220P)

From: Michael Franz (mvfranz@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 05:55:49 PDT

    I am new here, so please be kind. I have spent afew weeks looking for
    information on SANE's ability to handle paralle scanners. It seems that
    only the epson and mustek scanners are supported either directly or by
    treating the scanner as a SCSI device. How do I get started with the UMAX
    scanners? I am will to do the coding to get it to work, however I am
    confused as to where to start?

    Any pointers would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Michael