Re: saned doesn't find sane service...

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 01:55:30 PDT

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > Which platform is this? I noticed similar, but totaly clear,
    > information in the Linux RedHat 6.2 man page. This is the first time
    > I hear about the setservent() and endservent() functions. Do they
    > exist on all platforms?

    I'm using RedHat 5.1 for x86, kernel 2.0.34-0.6, glibc 2.0.7-13. The
    functions are in netdb.h which is part of glibc. the man-page says,
    they're conforming to BSD 4.3.

    > If anyone can verify this, I'll add it to the CVS repository. I find
    > this very strange, as I know this have been working earlier.

    in inetd-mode saned works fine, it also worked in debug mode it was just
    not nice that saned had to rely on the default port...

    -- jochen