saned doesn't find sane service...

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 12:23:08 PDT

    Hi!

    When I'm trying to use saned in debug mode (i.e. saned -d128), saned
    complains:

    saned: Could not find 'sane' service (No such file or directory)
    saned: using default port 6566

    But there is the apropriate line in /etc/services... however the man
    page for getservbyname() says that setservent(int) has to be callen
    before getservbyname() which is used to determine the port number. When
    I'm surrounding the getservbyname() call with setservent(int) and
    endservent(), everything works fine. It looks something like:

    frontend/saned.c: line 929
    setservent(1); /* first new line */
    serv = getservbyname("sane", "tcp");
    endservent(); /* second new line */

    -- jochen

    --
    Don't throw your PC
    out of the window throw Window's out of your PC.