Accer 620ST and Snapscan woes.

From: Simon Edwards (simoned@eisa.net.au)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 03:36:34 PDT

    I'm trying to get my Accer 620ST up and running on my Mandrake
    7.0-mobile.
    After a bit of fight trying to the cheap ass SCSI card that came with
    the
    scanner set up. (I used a recent version of kudzu to detect and setup
    the
    card. I might a write a more detailed account of this part). Anyway, the
    card seems to work but I can't for the life of me work how to scan
    anything.
    The scanner uses the snapscan backend, but I don't know how to invoke it
    or specify where my scanner is.

    I'm using sane-1.0.2 & snapscan-20000514.tar.gz

    ------
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# tools/find-scanner
    find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at device
    /dev/scanner
    find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at device
    /dev/sg0
    find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at device
    /dev/sga
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    Attached devices:
    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
      Vendor: Color Model: FlatbedScanner_9 Rev: 0115
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2/backend]# scanimage -d
    snapscan:/dev/scanner
    scanimage: open of device snapscan:/dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument
    --------

    TIA,

    Simon Edwards
    simon@simonzone.com