Trouble with Mustek MFS 120000 SP firmware 1.02

From: Christian Rößner (chr.roessner@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 10:06:45 PDT

    Hello,

    it is a little longer, but it didn´t get much shorter to write, sorry:

    I use SuSE Linux 6.4 with Kernel 2.2.15. I have a DawiControl 2974 PCI
    SCSI card. I compiled the kernel with all neccesary options. I got the sane
    version 1.0.2 and xsane 0.last_anything.

    As I could read in the sane-mustek, I own a scanner which makes trouble in
    scanning color. I tried it and I found out that´s right. What can I change
    with this Scanner with firmware 1.02 to get it also running like with
    firmware 1.07?

    Next thing is: After scanning, the sane application waits several minutes
    until it continues with saveing the image to disk. I read the sane-scsi
    document, too, and I compared the version number of the scsi-driver with the one
    talked about in the manual site. The site talkes about timing problems
    withe a driver version 1.anything but my driver is Version 2.anything. As I
    could read in the tmscsi.c header, timeing problems should have been gone. I
    tried an other scanner (Some Microtek) and the timeing-problem was gone.

    One last: While scanning, the scanner seems to scan in very short blocks,
    so the scanner has to make _hard_ work. This is also gone with a Microtek.

    Do I have any chances to get my scanner work with this configuration of my
    system?

    I wrote very long, because I hope these are known problems, and I could
    get help therefor.

    Thank you very much for reading and maybe helping me

    Bye Christian