Re: Problems with Mustek SE 12000 SP

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 09:21:20 PDT

    > I recently tried to install my Mustek SE 12000 SP.

    [...]

    > scanimage -L used to make nothing at all, but since I downloaded the
    > sources(1.0.2, before 1.0.1 rpm binaries), compiled and installed them it
    > writes "no sane devices found"

    Two possible problems:
    1. Check the permissions on /dev/sg*, the user must be
       able to read and write from/to the device.
    2. If this doesn't help you may need a current Mustek backend from
       http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/ . In this case please send a debug report
       to me, this is explained on the website.

    Ciao,
      Henning