Re: UMAX UC1260

From: Christoph Greipl (Christoph.Greipl@eit.uni-kl.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 00:30:31 PDT

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Christoph Greipl wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > i've a problem with a UMAX UC1260 and sane running under Linux 2.2.14
    > > (SUSE 6.4).
    > > Scanning with scanimage works fine, so the SCSI-Connection is ok.
    > > Scanning with xscanimage !and! xsane produce an error "Error during read
    > > : Operation was cancelled" while or after scanning. The preview function
    > > with both tools works.
    > > I've the firmware of UC1260 updated from 1.5 to 1.6 without solving the
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > Has anyone the same problem or a solution or a workaround ???

    > Which sane and xsane version do you use?

    The original version was sane 1.0.1 and xsane 0.55. Interim I've compiled
    and installed the new versions (sane 1.0.2 and xsane 0.59) on my sytem. The
    trouble with xscanimage is the same, xsane seems to works without this error.

    I have some other questions too:
    - the maximal bit depth to scan is only 8 bit (xscanimage and xsane) but the
    scanner provide 24 bit under Windows.
    - I can't use xsane as plug-in with gimp (/usr/lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/xsane:
    GIMP support missing).

    thanks for your help.

    Chris

    > Bye
    > Oliver
    >
    > --
    > Homepage: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch
    > sane-umax: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-umax.html
    > xsane: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane.html
    > E-Mail: mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    Christoph Greipl
    --
    * Christoph Greipl              Zentrum fuer Mikroelektronik
    *                               der Universitaet Kaiserslautern (ZMK)