Re: newbie

From: hortensw@cadvision.com
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 19:03:40 PDT

    > I'm new at developing scanner drivers for linux. Could anyone tell me
    > how to get started on developing one? In other words, do I need to get
    > any specs from the company that made the scanner? Or is it just using
    > one of the other scanner drivers as a template and tweaking it until the
    > scanner works right?

    Well, may you have more luck than I did when I tried something similiar.
    Had a scanner that was very similar to an existing back end. Emailed the
    author with one extremely simple question, and got absolutely no reply
    whatsoever. I mean, how much trouble is it to hit the reply key and say
    "try looking in this file"? May you run into more helpful folk...